Fri, 14 Jul|
St Luke's Church,
DROP-IN VOLUNTEER EVENT (JULY 2023)
You could be part of our amazing drop-in team! Come for a short introduction event and stay for Gather to see if it's for you!
Time & Location
14 Jul, 12:00 – 13:00 BST
St Luke's Church,, Hollicondane Road, Ramsgate CT11 7JX, UK
About the event
Do you have gifts and skills that you want to share? Can you make a cuppa, bake a cake, have a chat, encourage someone, befriend others, paint nails, teach a simple craft - or just simply put a smile on someone's face?
Gather is a safe place for women to find hope and community. Women are invited to join us at our drop-in, a relaxing and peaceful space. They can have the opportunity to join in activities such as crafts or be pampered; connect over a cup of tea and a piece of cake; or simply get the chance to be listened to or reflect at the prayer corner.
We hope that all our guests will get a sense of hope, joy or encouragement with a greater awareness that they are worthy of wellbeing emotionally, relationally, socially and spiritually.
- We do not discriminate but treat each person as an individual with dignity and respect regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, social background, criminal history or religious beliefs.
- We take very seriously our role to implement safeguarding practices in our YWAM locations across England in order to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children, young people and adults at risk in our care and those accessing our services.
- Having an “open door” to all women is fundamental to the ethos of Gather; as a Christian faith-based ministry, we work alongside and welcome those of other faiths or none without compromising our commitment to our Christian witness. Therefore, in order to maintain this ethos it is essential that certain roles are filled by committed Christians. These roles are: Core team, Team leaders, Frontline outreach team, Prayer team, Befrienders - accompanying to church/Alpha course etc.*
- Volunteer opportunities at our women's drop-in & frontline teams are only for females 18+.*
- *This is inline with Equality Act 2010